The Foundation was organized to support charitable and educational activities, as allowed by section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Some of the activities and programs envisioned include:
- Maintenance and improvement of the historic LIC clubhouse, a structure on the National Registry of Historic Places, consistent with federal and state requirements for the preservation of historic structures, as well as preservation of other historic structures and sites.
- Maintenance and improvement of the grounds of the LIC clubhouse which are open for public recreational use, including an open field and a woodland trail system.
- Environmental and public heath and safety measures at the Longbranch Marina, on land provided by Pierce County, under an easement that mandates public access, and which occupies a water area provided by Washington State Department of Natural Resources, under an aquatic lands lease that also mandates public use by recreational boaters.
- Programs and activities of The Longbranch Improvement Club, and other governmental and private tax-exempt organizations, that support charities, educational and community welfare activities.
- Support of scholarships for local students and programs at public schools.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, contributions to The Longbranch Foundation are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. To make your donation, use our on-line Donation Card.11